Thursday, September 13, 2012

Definition of Insanity

Albert Einstein said it best when he said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

And I couldn't agree more.

Before Chris and I decided to get serious about starting a family, the movie "What to Expect When Your Expecting" was being promoted and I wanted to see it because 1. The female cast (Cameron Diaz, J Lo) seemed legit and 2. It looked hilarious! Now, I can walk into a Disney movie no problem but walking into this flick while it was in theaters seemed like bad juju. Not to mention how many knocked up chicks would be lining up to see it, and they would be obviusly oogling every person rocking a vagina wondering how far along they were and ect.

Obvs. I didn't see it in theaters, so when I saw it was available in our local Red Box machine I decided to rent it.

Enter definition of insanity here. If I can't even handle being around babies, watching a movie about people trying to concieve is a clear act of insanity!

I lost it. I balled through the entire movie. Movie recap: Famous health freak gets knocked up and didnt't know it; gorgeous tall drink of blonde water gets pregnant with twins without even trying; a 20- something gets pregnant after a one night stand; another family opts to adopt after they squander their 401k into failed IVF treatments; and the baby-know-it-all finally gets pregnant after two years of trying when she decided to take a breat from trying.

The last character really resonated with me the most. We started trying trying Sept. 2, 2010 and five rounds of Progesterone, three sets of blood tests, one semen sample and a dye test (Sept. 24) later we are still kidless.

My advice to those women out there in my same boat, don't be insane. Don't watch this movie (or any other smiliar movie) until you have a bun in your oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment