Saturday, April 7, 2012

Ford Island 10k


Finishers 2012.



Instead of taking advantage of the weekend and sleeping in, Chris and I were up and out of the house by 5:30 a.m. and enroute to Ford Island for the 15th Annual Ford Island 10k.

We ran this last year, and it was my first attempt at a 10k. 

Chris and I before the race circa 2011.

With two under my belt, I was more confident in my running abilities this time around.

My goal was to run the entire race without stopping. Mission accomplished! Even though my left foot fell asleep at mile two, I don’t know how that is possible, I ran through the pins and needles and it finally woke up at mile four.

I crossed the finish line at one hour and 15 minutes, much improved from my first effort at one hour, 45 minutes.

After a 6.2 mile work out, we met Jess and her baby girl Halle, along with her friend Jackie and her baby girl, Jasmine, for a well deserved pancake breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment