Sunday, January 22, 2012

What's for dinner this week?

Keeping with my promise to Chris to cook more than chicken and to cook things from the cookbooks that are collecting dust I collect, i'm making an effort to try new recipes.


Monday: Grilled lemon and herb pork loin chops with garlic rice and steamed sesame soy beans.


Tuesday: Trying my hand at my first pot roast with PDubs crack I mean creamy mashed potatoes (I will never make another version of these spuds from here on out). I hope PDubs doesn't steer me wrong on the roast.


Wednesday: Fried rice from my Monday leftovers. Trying NOT to throw food away and be more penny wise.


Thursday: Switching up my lasagna recipe and hoping my girl PDubs doesn't disappoint. Let's hope Chris doesn't notice the cottage cheese and sausage.


Friday: Since Chris is away at PTA doing a recon for the night, I'm FINALLY going to try PDubs enchiladas. I really like MY version, but hers looks yummy and is easy enough for me to whip up after work. 


Saturday I have a farewell dinner and mai tai cruise with the ladies of the 84th and Sunday is ProBowl! Cannot wait to eat yummy tailgate food.


Man I look like a Pioneer Woman creeper this week. But her stuff is awesome! Can't wait for new cook book in March =) Also note the chicken free menu, I bet he will still grumble though. #Can'tevercatchabreak

No comments:

Post a Comment