Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The home buying process --3

When I woke up the next day, I was over it. I threw my phone on the bed, I usually took it every where I went, and took a nice, long, hot shower. As I was getting ready for the day, first stop on our agenda was IHOP to have pumpkin pancakes, I noticed that I had three text messages from my realtor.

Wrapped in just a towel and still a little bit drippy, my hearted started racing. In my offer I said we wanted to close in early January but the builder wanted to know if we would consider closing on Dec. 31. Intrigued, I called my realtor, my hands were too shaky to text her back, I asked her what that meant.

Basically she said if we closed before the end of the year the builder wouldn't have to pay an inventory tax. That's about $4-5000 big ones. I had myself a bargaining chip!

Now that I had some leverage, I told my realtor to say if he wanted to close on that day he would have to agree to my terms. I felt like such a bad ass! From my perspective, he wanted me to do him a solid favor and we have never met AND if I would be saving him a substantial hunk of change the least he could do was give me what I wanted. In the grand scheme of things, it wouldn't cost him nearly as much to meet my demands as it would for me to purchase these things on my own.

My realtor told me to stand by while she got a hold the of the builder.

In the mean time it was pancake time!

I was about to dive into my pancakes when my phone rang and we had a DEAL!!!!

All I had to do now was head back to her offer and sign the offer putting us offically under contract.

I.Was.In.Shock.

We.Just.Bought.A.House!

No comments:

Post a Comment