Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Paw-Tay Time





I already warned you about how much I love my dog. I probably should see a therapist because I am sure I have some sort of issues that needs to be addressed. 

Anyhoo, we celebrated Oakley’s First Birthday Paw-Tay June 11. The party was mainly for me because I survived puppy hood. Now I know why my parents didn’t let us have a dog until I turned 16.

I did ask for a dog though, a lot. However, every time I seemed to ask for one I got a sister or brother so I just stopped asking at some point.

I got Oakley Aug. 2, 2009 and he was nine weeks old and a mere two and a half pounds. New to this dog thing, I didn’t think I would actually be able to take one home that day, so naturally I was unprepared for a change. If Chris wasn’t with me I would have taken all six of those pups home. I was in love; they were all so dang cute. I picked Oakley because he seemed like the boss. He was bulldozing his brothers and sisters and he was very affectionate towards his parents and he had the CUTEST face out of the bunch (I know I am super vain).



Between the worms, potty accidents, lack of sleep, potty training, teething, vet bills and the cost of getting him neutered, I deserved a party!

In honor of Oakley making it to his first birthday, he had a sleepover with is best doggy friend Kono, a Maltese (they are both the same age and the same size) and then the next day we met his girlfriend, Nani, a four year old Shitsu (he likes older women) at the dog park.


Then we all came back to my house, and some of my HUMAN friends came over for hotdogs (haha) and cake! Between the sleepless sleepover and the dog park, I had one popped pup on my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment