Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Breakfast Burritos

Don't get me wrong, I love PDub's Breakfast Burritos, but when I have a hankering for them, I don't want to put the effort into making her super yummy, but a lil time consuming, Breakfast Potatoes.

With that being said, I created my own, hit the spot, version. I always tend to make way to many tater tots so instead of throwing them away the next day, they inspired me to create these bad boys:

Ingredients:
1-2 cups cooked Tater Tots (mine were left over, so I recrisped them (I just used a lil pat of butter) up in the same skillet I make the eggs in)
6-8 eggs (My rational depends on how many you want to make and how big your tortillas are. I also figured one egg per burrito. When I made mine, I used 8 eggs and that filled 8 burrito sized tortillas)
1/3-1/4 cream, 1%, 2% or whole milk (whatever you have on hand)
1/2-1 cup of cheese (I used a 4 cheese Mexican blend because that's what I had, but use whatever you want and however much you want!)
8 burrito sized flour tortillas

How to:
If you are making the tots from frozen, cook them based on what the package says. I bake mine and when they come out of the oven I hit them with a little bit of salt and pepper.

Scrambled your eggs in a pat of butter and seasons them with a salt and pepper to taste.

Once the eggs are 98% scrambled, add in the tots and off the heat add in the cheese and stir to combine. Don't be afraid to smash the tots!

Once the filling is all mixed up, place the tortillas on a plate, covered with a damp paper towel and heat them in the micro until they are pliable (less than a minute should do the trick).

Then fill 'em up. About 1/4 cup of filling should be enough, but then again eyeball how much you want to put in them, but be mindful of your ratio of filling to burrito.

To roll, place the filling closer to one side of the wrap and fold in the sides and roll up tight!

Once they are rolled, I roll them in foil and put them in a freezer bag and put them in the freezer for a quick breakfast on the go.

When I have a hankering for them, I just take them out of the freezer, remove the foil and microwave them for about 2 minutes until they are no longer frozen and nice and warm =)

Variations:
* If you want to jazz them up, add in some cooked bacon crumbles or ham.

* To kick up the tots, saute some onion, a red bell pepper, a green bell pepper and garlic in some butter and then add in the tots, giving them a crush as you incorporate them into the veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment