Sunday, October 21, 2012

Girls Day Out!

Chris informed me that the Small Groups voted to have a Dining Out, which means spouses are invited, so I went digging through my hanging space bags to see if I had any dresses for the occasion.

Luckily I had three, but two of my options were from several Dining Out's past (read from our college days) and there was no way I was going to fit into them (read they were sizes 8 and 10) and the one I had wore to the 130th's Ball in Hawaii in 2010 wasn't my fav to begin with (read I only had two weeks notice to find a dress and get it altered and being busty and short that's a tall order so I was already very limited to what I could get). So I called up my friend Nina from Hawaii and asked if she wasn't to take a day off from being a mom of two and venture into STL with me. Of course she said yes, who else would say no to my offer?

Anyhoo, I extended the invite to two of the ladies I met at the coffee and originally they both said yes but since we were leaving early, my pregnant new friend had to pass because she was experiencing morning sickness. So the three of us loaded up into my lil zoom and we headed into STL.

The 2 hour + trip went by pretty fast because of the great conversation and before we knew it we were at out first stop, The West County Mall. We went to Dick's first because I needed some cold weather running gear and the girls entertained my spandex filled fashion show.

Our next stop was Nordstrom to start our dress hunt but they had nothing, a big shocker, but then we magically found ourselves in the shoe department, oops, but I hit the jack pot. I finally found not one but two pairs of boots that actually fit me! Woohoo! I was amped. My eight year search finally came to an end. On that note, a celebratory drink was in order, so we picked up some Starbucks and continued our hunt for dresses. Turning up nada, we were off to the Galleria mall to continue our search and to have lunch at the Cheesecake Factory.

Before we left, I made a pit stop into AE to entertain the idea of potentially buying skinny jeans. Boy did I score again! I found TWO pairs of skinny jeans that not only fit amazing they also were very flattering and I scored 20 percent off.

By now we were famished so we had to eat before any more shopping could carry on. Lunch was yummy and filling and we all walked around, food babies in tow, on a mission to find dresses. FINALLY Nordstrom had a dress for me (and I found a sweet black blazer) but nothing suited Elizabeth's fancy so we continued on our hunt. She eventually found a stunning purple number that ironically was the long version of the black, lace cut out back dress that I wore in my friend's wedding!

By the time it was all said in done, the mall was closing (the day went by so fast!) so we loaded up our spoils and made the drive back home.

This was a very successful day =)

No comments:

Post a Comment