Friday, October 19, 2012

Finally, a REAL Coffee

So the Commandant's Reception wasn't a total waste after all.

One of the ladies, who happens to be excepting her first lil love, took the initiative to get every one's contact info and put out a FB invite to meet up for coffee at the Starbucks on post. I was super hesitant at first because I did not want to go to some event with kids running amuck, but then I remembered that most of the ladies at the reception were either kidless or there kids were school age.

So, I took a breath and headed over to the Starbucks. I was the first to arrived so I ordered my fav, a peppermint hot cocoa (I find there hot coffee to be too strong and it was a bit chilly and opted not to go with my usual iced number) and found a cozy nook in the corner.

By the time it was all said and done, seven of us showed up and we spent a good couple of hours talking and laughing. Eventually the numbers dwindled down and just left three of us, but it was great for me because I had the most in common with them. So much so that we made plans to drive up to Saint Louis the next day to shop for Dining Out dresses.

Needless to say I am glad I went!

No comments:

Post a Comment