Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Quesadillas

Several months ago while we were livin' the life in Hawaii, my good friend Jess had me and another "Never Daunted" spouse over for a play date (ie they both has lil ones) and she served up some mean quesadillas for lunch.

I was looking through her new pics of her lil girl and it made me miss them so I decided to whip up her quesadillas with a few twists of my own.

Ooey Gooey Quesadillas

Ingredients

4 medium flour tortillas (as is this makes two, but I just halved the recipe and just made one for myself)
2 Tbsp. Ranch dressing (I used Spicy Ranch)
2 Tbsp. Salsa (I used Mild)
1/3 c. Shredded chicken (I didn't have any chicken so I just used more cheese)
2 strips cooked Bacon crumbled (optional, but I left this out because I didn't have any on hand)
3/4 c. Shredded cheese (I used a full cup since I didn't have any chicken)
2 Tbsp. Chopped green onions (I omitted these)
(If you like spice add in jalapanos)


How to:
Combine all ingredients in bowl. Since I'm just using cheese, I just mixed the sauce components and I sprinkled the cheese on top of the sauce layer.

Heat skillet with a drizzle of veg oil.


I LIGHTLY browned both sizes of two tortillas because I like the texture and crunch when they are browned.

Place one of the LIGHTLY browned tortillas back into the skillet.
Off the heat, spread the mixture on top.


Place the other lightly browned tortilla on top.

 

Cook until the cheese adheres and melts to both tortillas and carefully flip it and cook on the other side.


So cheesey and gooey!

Yumm! I like mine with a dallop of sour cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment