Friday, October 5, 2012

Hoffmann Wedding

I was very a little skeptical how this wedding was going to turn out because the bride-to-be was so calm during the process, way to calm and go-with-the-flow for me. But I can honestly say it was amazing and I had more fun at her wedding than at my own.

Kori, our friend from Hawaii, and also a bridesmaid made the trip for the wedding which made everything even more fun. She came in an entire week early to make the wedding festivities but her flight ended up coming in AFTER the bridal shower haha.

Kori ended up staying with me for a few days before ther wedding so Steph could spend some QT with her mom (she flew in from JAPAN) who she hadn't seen in almost two years and had never met her first and only grandson.

Not wanting to interfere with family bonding time Kori and I played tourist. We visited Bridal Cave *very appropriate if I do say so myself,* hit up the Outlets *shopping is tres $$$ in Hawaii and she made a killing,* had a blast in the City Museum and went up into the famous Arch.








The rehearsal went off without a hitch. Okay I lied. Kori wanted to get some Sonic drinks before the rehearsal because she had never been to one *read they don't have them in Hawaii but they love to tease you and show the commercials anyway.* So we walked in, Cherry Limeades in hand, and of course my Godson Chase wanted nothing to do with me or Kori *he is going through his "I only want Mommy and Daddy" phase right now* so naturally Kori and I tried to lure him in with our drinks. Chase took a sip or Kori's and he was hooked. Well of course when I gave him a sip of mine, he held it in his chubby cheeks and than promptly let it dribble all over his white shirt. FML. We were there for all of five minutes and he is soaked, his white button up is stained cherry limeade pink and no one has a changed of clothes!

Lucky for me Steph is such a cool, laid back mom and it didn't phase her one bit. She just gave me her signature, "Really, Vanessa?!" look. I dodged a bullet there. Whew. This was also the first time we got to meet Jerad's groomsmen and they were a hoot! Naturally, I turned the walk down the aisle into a secret competition that only my partner and I knew about and of course we killed it!

After the rehearsal, we all went over to a BBQ restaurant for dinner and it was super good. We all introduced ourselves (Names, where we are from, how we know the bride and groom and ect) and Mr. Talker aka Jerad gave a nice speech which would only be a foreshadowing of things to come.

Jerad went out with his friends after the dinner and Steph, Kori and I ran some last minute errands and spent the rest of the night picking out finalizing the music for the ceremony and reception.

Like the terrible bridesmaid's Kori and were, we slept in and woke up to Steph, the bride, bringing us coffee and breakfast sandwhiches from Panera. I had made a ton of PDubs cinnamon rolls and brought two tins over the week before so we chowed down on them as well.

The morning went pretty well until the rain started! I would have been beside myself, but Steph was as cool as a cucumber. I think I freaked out more than her all week! We loaded up the cars, got ourselves ready and were headed out to get our makeup done. Kori and I were following Steph and her mom to the salon when I noticed Jerad didn't give me much room to back out. I have backed out onto Jerad's dad's grass a dozen times before and thought nothing of it when I went to do it this time.

Epic fail. I got stuck in the mud, big time!!!!! I was sweating, freaking out and in "Kori just go on without me" mode. After a few attempts of lightly piushing the accelorator, using boards to give my front tires traction, the lil lightbulb went off in my head and i zeroed my eyes onto the hitch on the back of Jerad's dad's car.

Did I mention that it's now POURING out!?

I told jerad to get a chain, hook it under my car (how i knew this was even feasable still boggles me) attach it to his dad's hitch and pull me out.

Amazingly, it worked like a charm and we were out of the mud and on our way to the makeup place, just 35 minutes behind schedule. While I was freaking the @#$% out, Steph was laughing and posting my FML moment all over social media.

To keep the wedding on time, after one person got there makeup done, I drove them back to the venue so they could start hair. Once all of our faces were painted and our hair was all did, I started to calm down and relax. The three mimosa's helped too =)



Even though we practiced outside, the change in weather forced us to have the wedding inside and it turned out great! The room looked amazing. The table clothes were black with white napkins and the chairs were covered in white fabric and accented with a black bow. I'm usually not a fan of covered chairs, but it really pulled the room together and made it look complete. I am super glad Steph took my suggestion on the center pieces because they really made the room feel warm and the floating candles in the tall cylinders gave the room a very romantic feeling.

Steph and Jerad renewed there wedding vows in front of there family and friends with a pretty twinkly light background, which is where the head table would sit.



My favorite part of the vow exchange, was when Jerad comically said "until death do us part" because during a rousing and belly aching game of Catch Phrase, Jerad's word was Under Taker and to get us to guess that, he made a WWF reference by saying "Rest in Peace." He said it in the same tone during his vows as he did during the game causing Kori and I to bust out laughing. Luckily Steph's sister gave me a swift jolt to the rib to control my laugh.

After the ceremoney was over, we took some pics then we had to get ready to make our grand entrance. Obv I took our entrance a bit further than everyone else and we were the crowd favorite. We walked into "Always a Good Time," by Carly Rae Jepson and Owl City. Initially I had suggested walking into "Gundam Style" but this worked out way better.

I wore my partners jacket and he took my bouquet. I also walked in holding his budlight and when he walked it he "cheered" me with my bouquet I took a swig of his beer, took of the jacket and threw it at him. It was pretty funny.

After Steph and Jerad had there first dance with there son Chase, who mean mugged everyone when they put him down.


Jerad gave a heart felt speech and opened the dance floor with a well timed, "Hey DJ, Play that funky beat!" Of course it didn't sound like he said funky and the look on his grandma's face was priceless!

The rest of the night was filled with yummy food (Spinach and bacon poppy seed sald, Chicken marsala with havarti yukon gold mashed potatoes and pecan infused broccoli and three flavors of wedding cake: red velvet, marble and tiramisu) and LOTS of dancing!



Jerad and his groomsmen put on quite a show for us, dancing to "Bye, Bye, Bye" complete with the pyramid spin showcasing each of the guys signature moves.

We even got to listen to a song that Jerad and his buddy recored in high school! Man Jerad can SING and DANCE!


But hands down, the best was when Jerad took off Steph's garter to  LMFAO's "Girl, Look at This Body."

I can't do it justice. You just have to watch it for yourselves:
https://www.facebook.com/v/10100459179682374"></param><embed

Another funny moment was when no one heatd last call and when they realized the bar was closed, one of the groomsmen remembered that we had a jug of mimosa's in the bridal sweet and prompty made every still left do shots from the spicket.


Since no one wanted the party to end, some of went over to a local dive bar still donning our wedding gear.

This wedding was really a blast and I had the best time!

No comments:

Post a Comment