Thursday, August 18, 2011

Casey Comes to Town: Day 1



I have been waiting for my BFF to come visit me every since I step foot in Hawaii. As soon as she found out the hubby would be away, and that I had been having some anxiety issues, she put her toosh on a plan and made the 12 hour trip here. That is the definition of a BFF, if I do say so myself.

Not wanting to waste a minute, after I handed her, her first lei we were off to Waikiki for our first of many dinners together. I took her to a very nostalgic Hawaii spot for her first dinner and first glimpse of Hawaii: Dukes.

Tropical drinks in hand, a Tropical Itch for me (it comes with a back scratcher!) and a Lava Flow for her, we walked around the joint checking out the vista (read it’s right on the beach!) until our table was ready.




I ordered the fish, which is what they are known for, and she ordered a shiskabob of sorts, she isn’t a fish girl. 


After dinner, we walked on the beach and enjoyed our first sunset. Casey had very tired eyes and had been up for 24 hours at this point, so it was time for her to hit the sack because I had lots in store for her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment