Sunday, August 21, 2011

Casey Comes to Town Day 4


I think this is the first day we actually slept pass 7! The first stop on my tour was the Dole plantation. We walked around the shop, they have some decent stuff inside and got a pineapple whip drink. Yummy and refreshing! We walked around and saw pineapples from around the world, fed the crazy koi fish and took some funny pics.







We skipped the pineapple maze and the pineapple express train ride because it wasn’t something we both wanted to spend time doing.

On to Haleiwa!
I was in need of caffeine so we stopped at my favorite coffee house before we started the drive. Here our some pictures of our North Shore adventure.


Hanuma Bay.

Shark's Cove.





Where the last competition in Soul Surfer was filmed.

Since we were in the area, we stopped at Turtle Bay so I could show her where they filmed Soul Surfer and Saving Sarah Marshall.

We had to cut our day short because we were going on an "Open Mouse" tour of Disney's Aulani Resort! Since Chris was away, I took Casey as my plus one and we got a sneak peak of the place before it opens on Aug. 19. This place is amazing and I cannot wait to spend our two year, anniversary staycation here in Sept! One of the highlights was we got to meet, Minnie, Mickey, Stictch, Donald and Goofy!





















After a long day of driving and photo ops we stopped at Safeway to pick up some items for dinner. I made a chicken and tomato pasta dish with garlic bread and we watched Soul Surfer. Pretty good day if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment