Saturday, August 20, 2011

Casey Comes to Town Day 3

There was no room for slacking or sleeping in on this trip! Bright and early Casey and I made our way to hike up Diamond Head. It took a little while to find parking, but we finally scored a spot.

The sun was shining and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky. Perfect day for a hike. We get up to the summit in 35 minutes! That is a record for me.













After another “intense workout,” we built up an appetite and headed over to my guilty pleasure, Whole Foods. We both chose to go the Asian route and got orange chicken with veggie lo-main.

With full bellies, I took Casey on one of my favorite scenic drives along Kalanianole Highway. Even after living her for two years, I still cannot believe that this is real.














We headed home and picked up Oakley and brought him to the Dog Days of Summer even on post. This worked out great because Casey got to see the base and Oakley got to get out of the house and socialize with other dogs. I always feel bad leaving him home, so I was glad he got to have some excitement as well.

He is usually super excited to see and play with other dogs but I think the sheer amount of dogs overwhelmed him. He spent most of the time hiding behind my legs or begging to be picked up. A highlight of the event for me was meeting and taking a picture with a one year old Great Dane named Charlie. He was like a horse and he still wasn’t full grown.



Since Oakley was clearly tuckered out from the event, we brought him home and we got ready to go to friend’s promotion party at the Bikini Cantina in the Aloha Tower. Casey and I originally decided to stay for an hour and then go to JJ Dolans for pizza. I didn’t think she would have a good time powwowing with my friends, but we ended up staying until her tired eyes kicked in, around 10 p.m.