Saturday, August 6, 2011

Incubus



Chris has been trying to see his favorite band Incubus in concert for like 11 years. Every time they came to Connecticut he was in another state for training. I was driving home from work a few months ago when I heard that they were playing a show here in Hawaii! I nearly swerved off the road! I couldn’t wait to tell Chris.

Sure enough he was pretty pumped and instructed me to buy tickets as soon as they went on sale. Like a good wifey, I woke up early on my day off and bought two tickets.

Enter the Army.

A few weeks before the concert he found out he was going to be in the field for the brigade FTX. He and I were both devastated. I, because I spent a good hunk of change on the tickets and he because, whelp he was going to miss seeing them live for the umpteenth time!

Thankfully, he was switching out of being a platoon leader with the 561st Eng. Co. and heading to HHC so he wouldn’t have to go to the field. Yipee!

Enter the Army once again.

Right before his job change he found out he was going to Korea! Exciting, except for the fact he was told he was leaving Aug. 5, the day of the concert! Ugh! Well God must have heard my prayers because the date changed and they were actually leaving the next day. Hallelujah!

To make a long story short we made it to the concert and it was one of the best concerts we had ever been to (the first is when we sat front row to see Aaron Lewis from Staind perform and he played a new song that would later become our wedding song).

The concert was at the Kakaako Beach Amphitheater, and if it wasn’t for our GPS we would have never found it because its in an inconspicuous area. It was right on the beach and it reminded me a lot of the Meadowlands in Hartford, CT. The concert also had some awesome food options (yeah I am a foodie). I got BBQ chicken, cornbread and coleslaw from a vender called Soul Patrol! It was messy and hard to eat sitting on the grass (there are no seats at this theater) but it was so good!



Incubus played a good mix of songs. They played “Pardon Me,” “Drive,” “Warmth,” “Love Hurts,” from there past CDs, their newest hit “Adolescents,” and most of the tracks from their new CD.



This concert was the perfect date night and send off before he left for Korea.


No comments:

Post a Comment