Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 Resolution Reflection

Before I start making resolutions for 2012 let’s see how I did about the ones I made for  2011...

  • Keep up with my 4.0 GPA in graduate school (close, I graduated with a 3.9!)
  • Stay committed to my 30lb weight loss goal (close, only lost 12)
  • Keep up with my vitamin regiment (success)
  • Hit the gym at least four days a week (I was on a roll, then I stopped...)
  • Swim laps at least once a week (yeah, never happened)
  • Walk Oakley every night (He gets walked three times a day AND goes to the dog park!)
  • Host my 1st dinner party and then have them regularly (Check and check! Hosted Easter and Thanksgiving)
  • Host more game nights (Check!)
  • Cook things from my collection of cookbooks that are collecting dust before buying anymore! (Surprisingly, I stuck to this one!)
  • Call my grandparents in Florida more often (Smh...)
  • Not swear as much (stubbing your toe hurts and dang-nabbit doesn’t cut it) (Still a work in progress, but I am getting better at it!)
  • Stop texting while driving --I know I know!—(fail)
  • Spend less and save more (fail)
  • Keep TMI to a minimum during conversations (fail)
  • Stop my self from rambling on, I do this when I'm nervous (fail)
  • Go to the beach way more often (fail)
  • Do more things outside like hiking Oahu’s trails, golfing ect. (going strong!)
  • Keep in touch with friends as they move away =( (going strong!)
  • Organize and file all my paperwork (fail)
  • Cutout my newspaper clips (fail)
  • Create an online portfolio/resume (fail)
  • Try new cuisines like Thai and Korean (success!)
  • Dine at new restaurants (Azul, Roys, Alan Wongs, Sol de Cuba, Brassiere du Vin just to name a few)
  • Be more positive (success)
  • Gain self confidence (a work in progress)
  • Travel more (We hit up the Big Island, Connecticut and California! Japan is in the works for July!)
  • Visit family in Arizona and California (Hopefully we can make this happen in 2012!)
  • Spend Christmas in Connecticut (We spent it Disneyland instead!)
  • Watch less TV, read more and keep FB time down to once a week (EPIC fail)
  • Make photo albums from our time and travels  in Hawaii (made one so far!)

No comments:

Post a Comment