Saturday, December 31, 2011

NYE


Although I had a blast getting shmammered with my NJ counterpart Marissa last NYE’s ponying up another $60 big ones per person and shelping ourselves into Waikiki and back after midnight wasn’t on our agenda this year.

Man, we must be getting older.

In true old person fashion Chris and I checked into the Aulani for a more relaxed NYE experience.

I brought Oakley to be boarded (always so hard but he needs to get used to it because we are not always going to have someone who is willing to watch him) and we checked in on Dec. 31 with a Jan. 2 check out.

We stayed at the Aulani for our anny in Sept. and spent a fortune eating at the resort so since we had a one bedroom with a full kitchen, I opted to bring food and cook it myself.

This worked out great (expect for having so many bag! Poor bellman) because we just got back from an eat-a-palooza in Disneyland and I was craving a home cooked meal. Don’t get me wrong I am a foodie and I enjoy eating at different restaurants but my waistline and wallet needed a break.

The day after we got back from Disney Chris and I hit up WholeFoods Market to pick up some groceries. I usually shop at the Commissary on post, but when I am looking for speciality items like higher quality cuts of meat like lamb of filet, I’m glad to fork over the extra dough. If I could only afford to shop here everyday. Sigh.

We picked up some fruits, lamb chops for his bday dinner and some beef satay sticks that looked too good to pass up.

For our NYE dinner I attempted to cook the beef satay sticks on the sticks they came on but the pans at the resort were just big enough. Crap. Luckily I was able to slide ‘em off and cooked them sans the stick. I think this worked out better and it was easier to eat.

To go alongside I made a garlic rice and steamed edomame.

Even though we weren’t going to a rager downtown I still wanted to get dressed up so I wore my festive sequin skirt. I love sequins these days! We walked around the resort but it was chilly out! Instead of ordering cocktails at the bar we ordered hot cocoa! The bar tender looked at us like we were loco. Not crazy, just cold. Those drinks sure hit the spot.

I only last in my ensamble for an hour or so until the chill in the air and the sandman got got me. Hey, atleast I tried. We went back into our room, put our PJs on and headed down to the lagoon area to watch the fireworks show at midnight.

Right before our clocks said midnight I got my lass smooch of 2011 and right when the fireworks started at 12:01 I got my first kiss of 2012 and wishes my Mookster a happy 2-7!

I also love fireworks! The midnight sky show was the best I have seen in a while! The Hilton in Waikiki shoots off fireworks every Friday, but they only last a few minutes. This NYE show lasted for almost 20 minutes. Well done Disney, I wouldn’t have expected anything else =)

At exactly 12:27 a.m. Chris and I hit the hay. What a great NYE =)  

No comments:

Post a Comment