Friday, December 23, 2011

Lynch's Take Disneyland Day 1

I turn into a lil kid when it comes to going on vacation and this trip was no exception! My home girl Kerri volunteered to drive us to the airport. Read: She woke up at 5 a.m. on her day off to drive us to the airport! If that isn't the definition of a true friend I don't know what is! She is also watching Oakley, I hate the idea of boarding him over the holidays, so whenever someone offers to take him I feel a ton better. I know he will have a blast because the Chase's have two dogs (Fred and Bently) whom Oakley adors and they just had their backyard fenced in so I am sure Oakley will have a blast!

Kerri picked up Oakley last night and even though I missed him, it worked out great because I was able to get all the packing and cleaning done without distraction.

Packed and ready and bright eyed and bushy tailed, we made our way to the aiport. Before we boarded our plane to LAX I grabbed some French Toast sticks from BK (I have to have something greasy in my tummy before I fly. It settles my nerves) and a peppermint hot cocoa from SB (I am addicted) but it was not very pepperminty at all. Fail.

Fueled and anxious, we bid aloha to Hawaii and headed across the Pacific to California. I haven't been to Cali or Disneyland in more than 10 years and this would be a first for Chris. The flight felt like an internity because I was so excited! I grew up with Disney movies and I have been going to Disneyworld since I was infant so my love for Disney runs deep. Lucky for me my hubby likes it too. We like it so much we bought into the magic and became members of the Disney Vacation Club. Hey, Disney isn't just for kids!

We could have taken advantage of the Disneyland Express to take us to and from the airport, like we do when we go to Disneyland (really pointless to rent a car in Florida if all you plan on doing is the parks) but since I haven't been on this side of the country in a decaded I felt more comfortable renting a car. After braving the redic line at the Hertz rental counter, we were off! Well, until we hit LA traffic. They have a weird highway system here. Before you merge onto the highway they have a system of traffic lights that allows one to two cars per green light. I guess it helps with conjestion. Man LA is weird.

Once I saw the signs for Disneyland Drive my inner kid was comming out and once I saw the entry way to our hotel (The Grand Californian Resort and Spa) all decked our for Christmas I wasn't 26 anymore.



Since we were spending Christmas here, Chris and I exchanged gifts early, but I still had a surprise up my sleeve for him.
A tree! You have to have a tree at Christmas time, even if you are away from home.

He was really surprised!

Mickey and Minnie even left us a belated anniversary gift, a signed picture of them infront of Snow White's castle.

Mickey makes a pretty sweet topper.
Once we checked in, unloaded our stuff and bundled up, It was COLD, we headed to Downtown Disney, which the back end of our hotel opened right up too, (Score!) to explore and grab dinner. Also, our hotel offers guests and exclusive entrance into Disney's California Adventure Park and early magic hours to Disneyland, which was also just a short walk away!






We ended up eating at the House of Blues. I got friend chicken and Chris got a pulled pork sandwhich. Either the food was amazing or we were starving, we only had breakfast, because we licked our plates clean. Stuffed, we walked around Downtown Disney and did some shopping and browsing:


We walked around the Lego store and they had huge displays made out of, you guessed it, Legos!

Howdy Woody!


He has the patience for Legos, me, not so much. I would rather by them put together already =P

How do we look?

Getting my Minnie Mouse on!


...until the cold finally did us in. Man, Hawaii has made us whimps!

No comments:

Post a Comment