Monday, December 12, 2011

I'm a master!

I started on my higher education journey to get my masters in secondary English education at Chaminade University of Honolulu, Jan. 2010, and it feels weird that its over. I guess you could say I am addicted to school. I would always get some sort of adrenaline high when I knew a paper was due at midnight and I was just starting it at 9 p.m. that night. The cherry on the top of that sundae was when I got my grade back for that paper I threw together at the minute: an A.

Getting my degree was kind of bittersweet, and as we promenaded around the Neil S. Blaisdell Center, I got a little teary eyed because this was the first time my parents and family weren't in the audience. It also hit me that this would also be my first degree with the name "Lynch" on it. The ceremony was nice and 180 students had their degrees confirrered. 

What struck me as odd was that this graduation wasn't just for graduate students. BS and associate degrees were also awarded. Either way, I felt a sense of pride when my name was called and I was hooded on stage. I did it!


Wearing my hood proud!


He is proud of me. So proud, in fact, that he bought be an LV purse!


"Never Daunted" love!


Fellow 84th Eng. Bn. spouse!
If I wasn't already on Cloud 9, when I got home my hubby gave me my biggest surprise yet...

What's even more shocking other than this came from the man who has proclaimed time and time again that he would never buy me a purse was that he went into the store, all by himself, and pick it out without any help! I am the luckiest girl by far =)

No comments:

Post a Comment