Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Happy Mardi Gras!

Mardi gras is French for Fat Tuesday (look how cultured I am), and it refers to the practice of the last night of eating richer, fatty foods before the ritual fasting of the Lenten season.

So, one would presume that I am indulging in some artery clogging, stick to your ribs delicacies this evening. WRONG. I’m three weeks into my Weight Watchers program and I need to keep my momentum going this week’s weigh in. So far, after my weigh in last week, I am down four pounds!

With that in mind, I am passing on sweets (gasp!) for the next 40 days and 40 nights. Hey, if the big guy upstairs can do without food and water in desert, I can go without dessert. Well, that’s what I am telling my sweet tooth and inner fat girl at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment