Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowlin'

I'm not much of a football fan, but when I do watch it, I watch the Jets (said in the Dos Equis voice). 


Alas, my hubby's Jets didn't make it, but another NY team did: The Giants. 


Like I said, in the Lynch house we are Jets fans, but we also support any team that beats the Patriots. 


Just because we are from CT doesn't mean we like the Pats. I find Tom Brady to be a douche. After he knocked up Bridget Moynahan, he left her eight months pregnant for Gisele Bundchen. A very douchey thing to if you ask me.


Anyway, we were invited over to the Chase's house for an informal ProBowl party. My momma taught me to never show up to someone's house empty handed so I made some BBQ pulled pork, coleslaw, potato skins and picked up some boneless wings.


It was a small crowd, just us, Tom, the Chase's, and their neighbors. Oh yeah and Fred, Bentley and Oakley.


Kerri is a die hard Giants fan so she was amped for the match up. I just like the commercials.


Here are my favs in order:


M and M's
Doritos
The Voice with Betty White
Audi
Chevy
E*Trade


Here is a link to all the ads that ran during the game: http://www.superbowl-commercials.org/


The half time show, for me, was kind of a bust. Don't get me wrong, it was better than the Black Eyed Peas show last year and Kelly Clarkson didn't screw up the National Anthem, but Madonna is getting old. Lip syncing and doing squats as dance moves made me cringe. She looks good for being in her 50s but I expected more from the Material Girl.


I am also still trying to figure out who the MIA chick is and why she thought it would be a good idea to flip the bird on national, live TV.


Moron.


The food was good, the company was great and the Giants won. Pretty good Super Bowl if ya ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment