Thursday, February 16, 2012

Weighing in

I was a little apprehensive about my first official Weight Watchers weigh in last week because I didn’t think I lost anything thing yet.

Like the program mandates, I tracked all my food. Some of it was easy to track, others, well let’s just say I did some guesstimating.

Weight Watcher’s has a tracking and a scanning app that I downloaded for my iPhone. I really like the scanning app because I can use it on the go, especially when I am at the commissary.

Tracking my food really helped me stay on track my first week because I was paying more attention to what I was putting in my mouth. For me, it’s all about accountability. I was also shocked to find out what I thought was okay to have (tall, nonfat, no whip, peppermint hot cocoa)  was worth a lot of points (7! That’s a meal!)! And when you only have so many points in a day, it makes you reprioritize and rethink your entire day’s food consumption.

Man, Weight Watchers gets in your head fast.

With the scanner app, you just scan the barcode and it pops up with how many points an item is. If the product isn’t recognized, a points calculator pops up and you input the amount of fat, carbs, proteins and fiber said product has and it will generate a points amount for it. A message pops up asking if you want to track said item and then boom, it gets added to your tracker.

Pretty snazzy.

Per day, I am allotted 26 points and I get a weekly 49 point allowance. 26 points goes pretty fast so my usual breakfast is between 5-7 points, my lunch is between 5-9 points and the rest goes towards dinner.

For breakfast I have been having a Light and Fit yogurt (6 ounces=2 pts), a Thomas’ Thin Whole Wheat Bagel (3 pts) with 2 tablespoons of light cream cheese, which equals 7 points. At home I have been making myself a breakfast sandwich with eggs whites and a piece of cheese. Very filling and satisfying.

For lunch at home I’ve been eating Oroweat Multi-Grain Sandwhich Thins (3 pts) (They are pretty good and filling and I don’t miss actual sandwich bread), with ham (1-2 points depending on how many slices), a slice of reduced fat Kraft Cheese slice (1 pt) and 2 teaspoons of light Mayo (1 pt), 100 calorie pack of Pringles (3 pts) (I gotta have chips with my sammys) and a can of diet 7-up (zero points! I am getting sick of WATER!) for 9 points.

My lunches have been pretty filling, but if I am still hungry I either grab a banana or an apple because they are zero points and they fill ya up =)

My at work go-to had Weight Watcher’s endorsed frozen Smartones. I had the creamy rigatoni with broccoli and chicken pasta one on Monday (7 pts and it was pretty good), and the slow roasted turkey breast one on Wednesday (5 points and it was meh). I’m giving the chicken parmesan one (7 pts) a whirl today.

Next week I am going to try the 0-1 point Progresso Soups. Soup! In Hawaii? I know, but my office is SUPER cold and I need something to keep my warm and focused.

The first week I didn’t tap into any of my 49 points and I still managed to lose 2 POUNDS! When I stepped on the scale I held my breath because I was in utter fear that I gained some poundage. I breathed a sigh of relief when he said, “You lost 2 pounds this week. Great Job!”

Whew!

But that was last week…

With a co-worker’s office birthday and Valentine’s Day this week, I used all my extra points. Damn you mini sausage biscuits, blondies and red velvet cream cheese brownies.

Now, I am scared to weigh in today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment