Saturday, July 30, 2011

Be MY Guests!



As soon as I knew when my good friend Stephanie would be PCSing (Army talk for moving to another duty station) I told her I would love for her to stay at my place.


Staying in a hotel is great, but staying in a hotel with a 3-month-old without a kitchen to boil bottles and nipples in or a washer/dryer isn't so great. Luckily, I didn't have to twist her arm and she said yes =) It's funny though because growing up as a kid my house was always full of people and I HATED it. Now I love to fuss and to entertain (I blame this entirely on my Portuguese heritage) much to the chagrin of my hubby, who hates people. 


Their first night at mi casa, Stephanie, Marissa and I had sushi and drinks at Kochi's downtown while our boys had to sit through yet another hail and farewell. These events used to be pot-luck style, but now the battalion is trying to get away from that and have us pay. Whelp, I wasn't about to pay $72 for the two of us to eat luau food, so Chris flew solo.


For their second night, I did them solid and cooked a steak and potatoes dinner.








Since they are not going to be here for Thanksgiving (tear), I decided to make Chase his first Turkey day meal. I roasted a turkey breast that I smothered with herb (rosemary and thyme) butter, Stove Top stuffing (the only kind my picky eater will allow), mashed potatoes, crescent rolls, cranberry sauce, pan gravy that I still need to perfect, and PW's flat apple pie (frozen pie crust filled with cinnamon sugar apples).








I love having company =)

No comments:

Post a Comment