Friday, July 29, 2011

Big Island Birthday Love Part 4 of 4

Alas, parting is such sweet sorrow. The end of a vacation is always evident, but it doesn’t make it easier. Our flight back to Oahu wasn’t until 8 p.m. (I did it on purpose to prolong the last day), so we spent our entire last day pool side, soaking up the gorgeous Kona sun.


We slept in for the last time, and had a beautiful breakfast outside over looking the ocean. We then headed over to the pool to do absoultly nada. I called in the morning to request a late check out, and as a hotel courtesy they allowed to extend until 2 p.m. After 2 p.m. the front desk told me to store my luggage with the bellman and that they would provide us a room to freshen up in! Now that is what I call good service!

I dnno what it is with pools, but lounging by one makes me so hungry! Luckily, a serve came and offered a solution: Maui potato chips and diet Sprite! Life is good!

I really wanted a cocktail, but knew I could hold off until a more reasonable hour… as soon as my cell phone read 12:00 I waved the server over and ordered a refreshing cocktail, a giant cheeseburger and Chris, opting for something sweet, a mud pie.




We milked the hotel experience as much as possible until it was time to check out and drive to the airport, which subsequently turned into another interesting experience.

Expecting a normal airport, once we got off the rental car shuttle, the sight before us threw us for a loop! The Kona Airport is outdoors and by that I mean the terminals are outside and you board the plane via the tarmac!






All in all we had a great vacation, and maybe we visit the Big Island one more time before we leave Hawaii and head on to our next great adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment