Thursday, October 13, 2011

Bad Dog!

I was on my way to pick up our garbage pail (Thursday is garbage pick up where we live) when I spotted a small white dog, with a color on, walking around with no owner in sight. Being an animal lover, I knew I had to catch him and find his owners. I would want someone to do the same if Oakley ever got loose. I knew taking the time to carral him would make me late for work, but I wouldn’t be able to live with myself If he got really lost, or worse yet, hit by a car.

Luckily one of the neighborhood kids was on his way to school when he spotted me trying to call the dog over. He knew the dog’s name, Bruno, and where he lived, just up the street, and offered to help me, whew! After a few unsuccessful attempts (read we would get just close enough to grab ‘em and then he would dart away!) the lightbulb when off in my head (hey it happens) and I went back inside to get Oakley’s spare leash and some dog treats to lure him in.

My idea work, and Bruno came over to get a treat but he could read my intentions from a mile away and he bit my finger trying to get the treat and run and then scratched my leg when I tried to leash him! In the wrestling match my glasses fell to the ground and with a dog all-up-in-my-face I stepped on them!

Foxtrot. Mike. Lima.

Also during the tassel I got my work outfit dirty (sprinklers on+paws=muddy blouse and pants). Now I was going to be SUPER late and my glasses were broken. Ugh! Just as I had grabbed hold of good ‘ole Bruno his owner drove by. Talk about timing. As soon as the owner called his name in that tone, you know the you-are-in-deep-trouble tone, Bruno laid down and LET his owner pick him up. The owner was super thankful and even though I was annoyed, I am glad I helped, because I would want someone to go through the hassle for my dog because dogs are more than pets. They are family members. 

No comments:

Post a Comment