Saturday, October 22, 2011

Overage


My car's A/C started acting funny while I was enroute to drop Chris off at the airport on Monday. It started off cold, but as soon as I dropped him off, I felt hot air coming out of it.

I thought nothing of it and turned it off and decided to take in some fresh air on my way to work.

The same thing happened on my way home, so I called my Mazda dealership and they told me to bring it on Friday. Which, was the only day they had open and the only day I could bring it in because I work Monday-Friday.

When I dropped it off on Friday morning, the guy taking care of me said this would be covered under my extended warranty. “Sweet deal,” I thought to myself.

Then he turned the car on and read my mileage: 75, 030.

I was over my 30 miles so I would have to pay out of pocket to the tune of $500! Really!?

He urged me to call Mazda to see I could persuade them otherwise. No such luck. Even after I explained that the only day Mazda could take my car in was Friday and my husband was in Korea and I had to drive the car to and from work, still nada.

The woman on the other end of the phone was quite snarky and even said it didn’t matter if I was only one mile over, and that I could have had the car towed to Mazda before my mileage expired. I wasn’t looking for a handout, just some customer loyalty since I own the darn thing.

Shut.The.Front.Door! I couldn’t believe she had the audacity to be so rude.

Morale of the story, don’t buy a Mazda next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment