Friday, October 21, 2011

Bake-a-Pa-looza


With Chris gone, my boredom set in and I found myself fully immersed in cookie baking mode.

I had pinned quite a few cookie recipes and I made a promise to myself that I would actually MAKE the stuff I was pinning.

With that being said I decided to bake S’more Chocolate Chip Cookies and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. I also vowed to take Chris’s absence as a time to focus on myself aka WORK OUT, so having these sweet treats at home was not my best idea. However, the battalion was having their Halloween party Friday and I could put all the baked goodies in a basket and pass them out as part of my costume: Betty Crocker!

Both cookie recipes were both easy to make and I had all the ingredients in my pantry so I didn’t need to dash out to the store to pick up any ingredients. That usually puts a buzzkill on my cooking/baking mode.

First I made the Pumpkin Chocolate Chips ones. Man were they good. More cakey than cookie, but with a glass of milk they were yummy.


I am kind of obsessed with S’mores these days so it was only fitting for me to make S’more Chocolate Chip cookies. The ingredients were very similar to a traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe, however this one called for crushed up graham crackers and to top the cookies with mini marshmallows and broken up Hershey Bar pieces midway through the baking process.
Step 1.

Step 2: Top with mini marshmallows and Hershey Bar pieces.

Ta-Daa!


Both experiments were a success because they were all gobbled up at the Halloween party =)

No comments:

Post a Comment