Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Bon voyage!


I am pretty used to Chris leaving, (we have been together for seven years and doing the military thing for the last five years) but I still get weepy when ever I drop him off.

I count my blessing everyday and I know how lucky I am that he is only gone for either a few weeks-45 days every now and then v. a 12 month deployment. However, I still get sad when I know he is leaving.  

We have yet to have a “deployment,” but I know one is looming somewhere down the line for us. So far Chris has traveled to Thailand, New Mexico and now to Korea for his second exercise. He just found he will be visiting Mongolia in the New Year. I am happy he gets to see the world, but jealous because I don't get to tag along.

Even though I am used to him leaving, doesn’t make him leaving any easier. What makes it more manageable is having a job, Oakley and a great support system of friends to make the time pass by.

Here is to the next 30 days!

1 comment: