Friday, September 23, 2011

Disney Anniversary Staycation ~ Day 1 Spa-venture!


I don't know a better way to start off a weekend than with a spa day. Since I married a macho man that would never step foot in a spa, I spent the first morning of our Disney Anniversary Staycation with my girl Kerri. We usually spend our Fridays together because we are both off from work, but this would be our best Aloha Fun Friday yet!


I dropped off my baby (aka Oakley) at her house for the weekend as sort of a dry run before Christmas. Chris and I spending Christmas at Disneyland (I know my life is so rough/hard) and since Kerri has to work the holiday (Mickey is a vert demanding boss) she offered to watch him. She and her hubby Matt are dog lovers and have to of their own so I know Oakley will be in good company/hands for Christmas.


With the dogs secured, Kerri and I were off to indulge at Laniwai which tranlates into fresh water and there was a lot of water fun to be had!


We were met by our "guide" who take us on our "journey." Even though I had already been on a tour of the spa before, I still got goosebumps as they showed us around the 5,000 square foot paradise. We were lead into the changing area where we were given a locker, shoes and comfy robes.




Our attendant also mixed up some custom body scrubs for us. Mine was hybiscus and Kerri's I think was plumeria. Now that we were all rinsed and scrubbed, we headed outside to soak. First up was the green seaweed tub that would rid our bodies of yucky stuff and then we soaked in the soothing blue uclaptus tub.










Our one hour lomi lomi (two hand) hot stone massage was at 11, but we were told to arrive atleast an hour early to get full use of the immenities. Ya didn't have to tell us twice. Now that were soaked and our bodies starting to loosin up, we made our way into the relaxtion room. Another attendant brought us water, hot neck wraps and a hot eye mask. Before we put on our eye masks we were sprayed with a refreshing and floral mist.








Now completely in the zone, our "therapists" guided into our respective rooms. We were given a choice of music, I selected the sound of waves crashing, and options for smells and lotion/oil scents. I picked coconut lemon grass. This was hands down the best massage I have ever gotten! I couldn't tell you what she did because I was in the zone. I have never been that relaxed. I was so relaxed I missed my cue to get up and put my robe on! I really felt drunk! Kerri did too!

It took us awhile to get it together, but once were were not soo loopy, we checked out the rest of spa. We spent some time in the sauna and then into the steam room, but it was too hot, 112 degrees hot! Needing some fresh not steamy air, we went back outside and explored the reflexology path, hot tob, cold plunge (read it's 52 degrees!) and then we played in the five water showers. Each shower head had a different type of water stream. Kerri and I felt like we were 5 and at a water park, much to the shegrin of the other guests. Whoops.








It's now 1 p.m. and our tummy's were rubling. We needed food STAT! Kerri had a genious idea: Mickey ice cream  bars!

Ahh, it really hit the spot. However, we needed some real food so we left the hotel (read Kerri is a cast member and not a guest so she and I couldn't eat together at the hotel. I know lame.) and hit up Chili's before I needed to pick Chris (poor guy had to work until 3) up so he could enjoy his anniversary staycation too =)

No comments:

Post a Comment