Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Lynch’s Take CT Day 6

Now that I was adjusted to the CT time zone, I got up significantly earlier, 7 a.m., and decided to take my Vovo out to breakfast. I didn’t really get to spend much QT with my sister, so I decided to pay her and my alma matter a visit and meet her for lunch.

Boy has SCSU changed! The school is lookin’ pretty good these days. My sister gave us a tour of her new digs, which just happens to be in the same dorm I bunked in! After her tour, she took me and vovo to a new burger joint in downtown New Haven, Prime 16. It was yummy! Vovo got a plain burger with sweet potato fries, I got a bacon cheese burger with truffle, Parmesan fries and my sister got a fancy steakhouse burger with blue cheese and a salad.



Now stuffed, we dropped off Sarah and I headed to pick up Chris’ anniversary surprise: a replica of the top tier of our wedding cake. Two years after the “I Do’s” Chris complains that he never got to eat cake, aside from the cake cutting part of the wedding, so once I knew we were coming home I called the shop, Petonito’s in East Haven, and placed the order. The owner immediately remembered me and the cake and said he would be able to squeeze in my request. When he asked me why he didn’t have a piece on our one year wedding anniversary, I told him, It would be a little hard to ship it to Hawaii to enjoy a year later! He got a real kick out of the fact that we live in Hawaii now and that I remembered him two years later.

I dropped Vovo and the cake off, changed my clothes and I was off to pick up Chris and meet his cousin Amanda for dinner at Esca Wine Bar in Middletown. She was sick the day of the Woodstock Fair, so luckily we had an opening in our schedule =P

We met her main squeeze and had a great time catching up, the food wasn’t bad either.

Full and exhausted, Chris and I made the drive back to my parentals, but before we went to bed, I showed him the surprise: His cake! He loved it. However, we were too tired to eat it, so it would have to wait until the a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment