Saturday, September 3, 2011

Lynch’s Take CT Day 2

Now THAT's a sandcastle!



Taking this vacation seriously, we slept in until 10, something very unsual for us. Chris gets up at 4 am, and I 6 am and on the weekends, Oakley gets me up at 6 am because, well, he has no concept that a weekend exists.

Today we were headed to Woodstock, CT for the Woodstock Fair. His family, and his family’s friends go every year and camp out (they have their own camping club!). Since his dad’s health hasn’t been very consistent, they haven’t camped there in a few years, but they still make trip up and spend the day there. It became a tradition for us as well since we started going when we first started dating, but haven’t been able to make the fair in three years.

I was excited to go to a REAL country fair and eat all the nostalgic fair foods. As soon as I walked in I could smell a BBQ pit and I wasted no time sinking my teeth into a BBQ pork sand which. Yum-ola! 





This is as country as a fair can get. There were Ox pulls, tractor demos, agricultural displays AND they even had a cow birthing area! The fair also had a baby animal pen.
Your eyes are not mistaken. That's an eight foot long zucchini!

Prize winning produce.

140 pound watermelon!

Make way for ducklings!

That's a lot of mouths to feed!




My eyes were bigger than my stomach and I couldn’t live up to my big eating talk and that’s all I had. I was still feeling funny from the flight. I did however, save room for fried dough at the end (I know I probably scared you when I said all I ate at the fair was a sandwich). 


The fair has gotten smaller and there were less craft vendors than in previous years and a ton of food vendors, but they were all pretty much selling the same stuff.

It was great to hit up the fair because we were able to see our two nephews, Cameron and Rilley, his sister Michelle, and his parent’s friends who are pretty cool cast of characters. Cameron got so tall, we hardly recognized him and the last time we saw Rilley he was just one day old. He was born the day after our wedding. 
Our nephews.

Rilley.

I cannot believe is is 7!

Chris and Cam.


It was a successful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment