Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Play date

We weren’t back in Hawaii for more than 15 minutes, when Chris informed me that he would be golfing on Saturday with Brandon (they have a bromance going on). I am pretty sure he turned his phone back on before the pilot said it was okay.

With that said, I wasn’t about to let a perfectly good Saturday go to waste, so I whipped out my phone and called Brandon’s wife and we arranged to hang out. Success!

Kori and I met at the A la Moana Center mall and did some shopping. With our wallets a little lighter, I was elated when she asked me if I wanted to have lunch at Alan Wong’s Pineapple Room. Double score. I have eaten dinner at his main restaurant, it’s ranked about the best 25 restaurants in the country, so I was pumped to try his casual food. It was soo good. Even the bread the served was delish!

I got the express lunch which came with a drink, I got an iced tea, a kalua pork BLT on onion bread with a house Caesar salad AND a mac nut brownie sundae.






Kori got New Zealand Antibiotic Free King Salmon with Ochazuke Risotto. The coolest part of her food was the waiter came by and poured green tea onto her risotto.

Full, we headed to Ward Center for the second half of our play date: Clay Café. I’ve walked by this place a dozen times, so this was another first for me. We had so much fun painting pottery.

I made this:


Kori made this:




I can’t wait for them to put it in the kiln!

Originally my friend Marissa asked if we wanted to grab dinner with them, but I was popped and we spent enough $$ in CT, so we opted to pass and have dinner at home. With that said, I offered for them to come to dinner at mi casa, but they decline but Kori and her man said yes.

A few hours later, we were reunited and we spent a chill evening at home eating homemade, Chicken Parm Pizza.   

No comments:

Post a Comment