Sunday, September 4, 2011

Lynch’s Take CT Day 3

Today we were headed to Brookfield (Chris lives in Cheshire, which is like a 40 or so minute drive away) to see my family. Hooray! I am such a family girl, and not seeing them first was killing me, but marriage is all about compromise. My mom arranged a welcome home BBQ for us, which was great because I would get to see most of my family at once (and it saved us from having to make multiple visits). 


Before we got to mi old casa, I stopped at ShopRite and picked up the fixings to make my family a glorious breakfast: Creme Brulee French Toast and Italian Strata Breakfast Casserole. I forgot what it's like to shop in a normal grocery store.


My mom, grandma and dad were so happy to see us. My family dog Toby (a 10 year old bichon) remembered me and immediately laid on his back so I could rub his tummy.




My Aunt Edna (the eldest of my mom’s five sisters),

my old neighbor Martha and her daughter Nikki (my childhood BFF), my cousins Bernie and Kevin, Jeff, Jenn and Brandon and family friends Tim and Tracy all came over to welcome us home. We are kind of a big deal, can you tell? Haha. My brother finally graced is with his presence and he even introduced me to his lady friend Rosie. They are not Boyfriend and Girlfiend because they don’t like “titles,” but correct me if I am wrong, you don’t play tonsil hockey with  your BFF?! My brother has also changed since I saw him last! He has this Robert Pattenson/Danil Radciff going on. He’s super tall and thin, he now rocks two eyes brows, his animal on his head is now tamed and neatly quaffed, gone are the days of his purple skinny jeans and converse and his teeth are now white and straight thanx to a set of veneers. In other words, he looks like a normal 16 year old boy. Weird.


You be the judge.
Kyle. The Man. Weird.



Sadly my sister was working at the Cheesecake Factory, it just opened up, and I wouldn’t get to see her until the next day. It was so nice to back with family and in a place where everyone knows your name. We all hung out and talked late into the evening, and once everyone left around 11 pm, we hit the sack as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment