Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Two years or martial bliss



It blows my mind that we have been married for two years! Time really does fly by, when you are having fun. This year also marks seven years together as a couple. Wow. 






Marriage isn't always easy, and as many a wise married couple has told us, the secret to being successful at it is compromising. I count my blessings daily and I am fortunate that we have had more ups than downs and that we continue to grow together.





Here's to many more years together. Chris, I love you for who you are and for the person I am when I am with you.



My vows to Chris:
"I promise to give you the best of myself and to ask of you no more than you can give. 
I promise to accept you the way you are and I will never make you compromise that.
I fell in love with you for the qualities, passions, and outlook you have on life. 
I promise to respect your interests, desires, and needs, and to realize that those are sometimes different, but no less important than my own. I don’t always have to be right. I will let you “win,” … sometimes.
I promise to keep my mind open to you, to let you see through the window my world into my innermost fears and feelings, secrets and dreams. I hope you allow me to do the same to yours.
I promise to grow along with you, to be willing to face change as we both change to keep our relationship going.
And finally, I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all I feel inside, in the only way I know how ... completely and forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment