Monday, September 5, 2011

Lynch’s Take CT Day 4


Pretty much every portion of our trip was planned out. We had a lot of people to see and places we wanted to go. Our first stop of the day was to visit my favorite triplets at their country home in Patterson. I was there nanny for almost seven years and they are a big part of my life. So much so I had all three of them in my wedding. They live on a beautifully manicured estate complete with a tennis court, basketball court, pool, beach volley ball court, badminton court, shuffle board deck and a life sized chess set. Not to mention the four gazebos, breathtaking views and amazing location. My life was hard. There mom made us a lovely lunch and we all sat outside and reminisced about their trip to visit me last year and how much the kids has changed. They are going to be 10 in January, yikes!



We ended up leaving just before the rain started and we headed deeper into New York to hit up the REAL outlets: Woodbury Commons. Sometimes we don’t plan well and we totally forgot Monday was Labor Day aka a prime shopping day! It took us forever to get in and instead of driving around looking for a parking space, we opted to valet the car! This place was mobbed. No, that is an understatement. It was a more like a clusterf*ck! There were  even amusement park style lines to get into the stores. This was definitely not our scene because we both hate crowds and clusters of stupid people. We did hit up a few of our favorite stores, but sadly, well probably lucky for our wallets, nothing tickled our fancy and we left with money in the bank.

On our way back home, we stopped at the Danbury Mall and walked around. It’s changed a lot. The place now has a two level Forever  21, a Dicks Sporting Goods store AND a Cheesecake Factory. It was almost 8 and we were hungry so we thought we would try the CT Cheesecake Factory, but there was a 45 minute wait. Since we have one in Hawaii (which I found out is the busiest one) we went to my favorite diner: The Windmill Diner. I ordered my staple, an open faced, roast beef sandwhich with mashed potatoes and gravy everywhere. I could eat my body weight in there brown gravy and creamy Italian dressing. Chris ordered his usual diner fare, a triple-decker turkey BLT sans the T and Mayo.




Before we headed home, there was one more place on my agenda: Khols! Lucky for me, not so much for Chris, they were still open (they close at 10!). We walked around, but alas, nothing really screamed “Buy me.”
  

No comments:

Post a Comment