Friday, September 9, 2011

Lynch's take CT Day 8

Chris was itching to go back to his house and spend more QT with his parents, and I don't blame him, so I told him to take the car and that my parents would meet him halfway on Saturday to drop me off so we could take our nephews apple picking (I just love Fall!).


I was a little bummed, but it actually worked out for the better. My sister was home from school because she doesn't have class on Fridays so we actually got to powwow together. We hit up our fav local breakfast spot Rickly's, and then we spent the day shopping. We went to TJ Maxx, Marshall's and Target. I got lots of great fall stuff for my house (shh! Don't tell Chris). 


By the time we were done shopping, we were quite hungry so I FINALLY got to go to my FAVORITE  grocery store (sorry WholeFoods): Stew Leonard's. We ate some free samples (the best part of the whole store), picked up some apple cider and cider donuts (best purchase of the day) and picked up several slices of pizza for lunch: Cheese, pepperoni, Buffalo chicken, and my personal fav. chicken Parm!










Since she had to work a shift at the Cheesecake Factory, we had to be home by 3 so she could get ready for work. With a little time on my hands before meeting my two BFFs, Casey and Mike, for a drink at Down the Hatch, which is just a short walk from my house, I threw in a load of laundry.


Like clockwork, just has the laundry buzzed to tell me to move it into the dryer, my friends called me and told me they had just gotten to Down the Hatch. I love it when a plan comes together. It was nice to sit and chat with a gorgeous view of the lake. 


Feeling a little buzzed, a bay breeze and two Twisted Teas will do that to a girl, my mom called to tell me they were hungry and to get my butt home!


I said goodbye to my friends, which is always hard, and made my way back home. My frown was quickly turned upside down when my mom asked me if I wanted to go to my favorite Portuguese restaurant for dinner: the Atlantic! Woohoo! Side note, the owner of the place actually married Chris and I because she is a longtime family friend and her son went through ROTC with Chris =)


Man we ate like kings. I got Portuguese spinach soup and Portuguese style pork loin chops. Vovo got my other fav. spicy, garlic shrimp.



No comments:

Post a Comment