Saturday, September 10, 2011

Lynch's Take CT Day 9

This marked my last day at my parents house and what a better way to end my stay then my father coming into my sister's room screaming "Vanessinga (he has nicknames for all of us) look out the window," at 6:55 a.m. I thought we were under attack for crying out loud! When I looked at the window I saw a dozen turkeys, something I haven't seen in a while.


Now wide awake, I was about to jump in the shower when I saw a momma deer and her two baby fawns in our yard. Pay back is a b*tch! My Dad was just about to fall back asleep when I ran into his room screaming, "There are three deers in the yard!" 
Awake, showered and packed, my parents dropped me off at the Waterbury Mall, where Chris was waiting. I wasn't super sad because we had made plans to say our final goodbyes over dinner on Sunday. When we got to Chris' house, our nephews were already there. We gave them their birthday presents a little early (Cam's birthday is Oct. 6 and Riley's is Sept. 21, the day after we got married) and chris built Legos with Rilley and Cam and I played with his Nerf gun.

Once playtime was over, we put the kids in the car (Chris is really good with lil ones!) and drove to the local apple orchard.


It's apple picking season!



This pic makes my heart swell.



Rilley liked it the most and was running all around.
Nothing is sexier, in my opinion, than a man enjoying spending time with lil ones. He is going to be the BEST Dad!

He even picked his own apples!

He tried the one hand approach.

This apple required two hands.

He got it! All by himself!

Success! Chris was impressed!

Cameron wasn't feeling it.
Faking his enthusiasm for his Aunt =)

Over it.

Noticing Rilley's rosey cheeks I asked Chris if the kids had any suntan lotion (that's the mom in me) and he was like "Good question. I don't think anyone thought of that." With that, we picked a few more apples and headed inside to pay and pick up some snacks. But before we packed up the kiddos, Cam spotted some tracktors!





Asking us his favorite questions: "Was dis?"


I picked up a container of fresh cider donuts and Rilley went into a tizzy! Apparently he knows a donut when he sees one! We couldn't get the kid buckled in the car fast enough, because he wanted a donut and he wanted it NOW!





A kid after my own heart. He destroyed the thing!






Now messy, sticky and slightly sunburned we dropped off the kids, got changed and headed to Old Saybrook to visit our friends Dan and Kim who had gotten married two weeks before. Due to our schedules and the short notice, we were unable to attend their nuptials =(


They newlyweds! Finally!

We met them at their hotel, Dan is in the National Guard and luckily had training that weekend (read they live in Boston and this training allowed us to see them. Yay!), and then we got in their sweet ride, a Jeep Commander (this thing had three sun roofs!) and made the drive to Newport, RI for dinner. I love Newport. It is the quintessential New England fishing town. Kim showed me her wedding pics, which were stunning, while the boys talked Army, shocker.






We ended up eating at the same place, Pier 49, that Dan took Kim after popping the question. We ate on a dock over looking the ocean and the sunset. Only difference is when we dine oceanside in Hawaii we are never chilly!

Since we were in New England, I ordered N.E. clam chowder and baked, stuffed shrimp. Chris was living large and got surf and turf.



Full and cold, we walked around and my nose led us to dessert, a cookie shop! With a baked good in my hand, we mosyed our way into some shops. This T-shirt made me chuckle.

This was the perfect way to end our day. Good food, good friends and great conversation.



No comments:

Post a Comment