Sunday, September 11, 2011

Lynch's Take CT Day 10

Today marks our last day in CT and it's a very somber day. Today is the 10th anniversary of Sept. 11, 2001. Today just felt different.


After my morning pit stop at Dunkin Donuts (gotta get my fill), we walked around the Milford Mall and just drove around taking in the scenery. Fall is in the air and the trees were just about to start changing colors.


We grabbed lunch at our favorite Italian restaurant in his town, Vespucci's. I got my second chicken Parm grinder of the trip, and Chris got a meatball Parm grinder. After lunch, we got to spend some more time playing with our nephews before they went home.


Once they left, Chris, myself and his mom (his dad still wasn't feeling well) met my family at a Portuguese restaurant in Waterbury to say our goodbyes. I promised myself I wouldn't cry, but of course I did.


I got a Caldo Verde, which is Portuguese collard green soup, and a steak. Chris got steak on a stone. It comes rare and you cook it to your liking on a hot granite stone.
Sooo good!

Be Your Own Chef Porkchop style =)

Add caption
Sumol= noncarbinated organge soda.
Sarah's coffee.

My rice pudding.

Kyle's red velvet cake.

 
I am very close to my family, so saying goodbye is always emotional for me. Hopefully my dad and vovo will be able to come in October when Chris is in Korea and my mom and sister are already planning to come out in January for my sister's 21st birthday. This trip made me realize that although Fort Leonard Wood, Mo. is no Hawaii, I will be A LOT closer to my family!





No comments:

Post a Comment